About this listing
This is a large and spacious Victorian town house, offers sophisticated furnishing and decoration, three large double bedrooms, two bathrooms and modern kitchen. It is a very comfortable home away from home.
Three large reception rooms offer a formal dining area and a living room with large flat screen TV Sky satellite channels so you don't have to miss any of the action whilst at home. Wireless internet is available throughout.
A large and peaceful garden offers somewhere to relax or lie back and enjoy the sun.
Accommodation is provided on a room only or bed and breakfast basis.
Parking is available in nearby public car park (3 mins walk)
Things to do nearby
Excellent Transport Links for London and the Olympic Venues:
The house is 5 minutes walk to Gravesend station and the high speed rail link to the Olympic Park, London and mainland Europe.
'High Speed 1' direct rail links from Gravesend Station:
- 4 minutes to Ebbsfleet International Station and links to mainland Europe.
- 16 minutes to Stratford International in the heart of the Olympic Park:
* Normal journey times from Westminster to Stratford via Jubilee Line Tube are 40 minutes.
* Similar journeys from central London are estimated to take well over an hour on Tube/DLR during the Olympic Games.
* London Transport advise those in Central London to leave 3 hrs to travel to the Olympic Park due to queues on the Jubilee Line and DLR railway.
* From Stratford access to the O2 and Greenwich by London Transport. (Jubilee Line/DLR from Stratford International)
- 20 minutes to St Pancras International and by London Transport to the heart of Central London
Standard Direct Rail Links:
- 50 minutes to Charing Cross (Trafalgar Square, Whitehall, Horseguards Parade, The Mall, Covent Garden and Leicester Square)
- 45 Minutes to Waterloo East (The London Eye, Aquarium, National Theatre)
- 40 Minutes to London Bridge (The Shard, Tower of London, South Bank)
- 30 Minutes to Woolwich DLR station
Thames water taxi from Gravesend Pier to the Olympic Park - arrangements to be confirmed.
Approximately 1 hours travel to the Port of Dover/Euro-Tunnel car-rail terminal and links to mainland Europe.
Approximately 20 minutes to the O2 and 30 minutes to the Greenwich Park Olympic venue.
Approximately 10 minutes to the M25 motorway
Approximately 45mins by road to Gatwick Airport. (Transfers can be arranged at competitive rates.)
Approximately 40 by DLR and Rail to London City Airport.
- Gravesend is a historical town with a rich history including being the burial place of Princess Pocahontas.
- The town centre is 5 minutes walk away with a wide and varied choice of shops, restaurants, cafes and pubs.
- Bluewater Shopping Centre is a 10 minute bus ride / car journey away. www.bluewater.co.uk
Historical Kent and the Kent Coast:
- with other historical towns and cities, such as Rochester, 'the home of Dickens', The Cathedral city of Canterbury and many beautiful seaside towns such as Whitstable and Broadstairs all within an hours drive or faster by High Speed rail link.